Last week Sarah Palin flew down from Alaska and endorsed Donald Trump for President. A lot of liberals and progressives were scratching their collective heads, asking, this is news?
And it wasn’t just liberals and progressives. A lot of “regular” Americans were scratching their heads and asking, does Sarah Palin still matter?
Sarah Palin is, of course, a word salad like few others. Tina Fey once did an entire bit on Saturday Night Live by just quoting Sarah Palin literally. She didn’t even have to embellish or improvise.
Here are a few of the golden nuggets that were dropped by Palin in the endorsement speech:
- They stomp on our neck, and then they tell us, ‘Just chill, O.K., just relax.’ Well, look, we are mad, and we’ve been had. They need to get used to it.
- We’re talking about no more Reaganesque power that comes from strength. Power through strength.
- He doesn’t get his high off of opium! Other people’s money!
- And you quit footing the bill for these nations who are oil-rich, we’re paying for some of their squirmishes that have been going on for centuries. Where they’re fighting each other and yelling ‘Allahu akbar,’ calling jihad on each other’s heads forever and ever. Like I’ve said before, let them duke it out and let Allah sort it out.
How about the rest of us? Right-winging, bitter-clinging, proud clingers of our guns, our God, and our religion, and our Constitution.
- He is from the private sector, not a politician. Can I get a ‘Hallelujah!’
- In fact it’s time to drill, baby, drill down, and hold these folks accountable.
- Well, and then, funny, ha ha, not funny, but now, what they’re doing is wailing, ‘Well, Trump and his Trumpeters, they’re not conservative enough.’
- And he, who would negotiate deals, kind of with the skills of a community organizer maybe organizing a neighborhood tea, well, he deciding that, ‘No, America would apologize as part of the deal,’ as the enemy sends a message to the rest of the world that they capture and we kowtow, and we apologize, and then, we bend over and say, ‘Thank you, enemy.’
- He’s got the guts to wear the issues that need to be spoken about and debate on his sleeve, where the rest of some of these establishment candidates, they just wanted to duck and hide. They didn’t want to talk about these issues until he brought ’em up. In fact, they’ve been wearing a, this, political correctness kind of like a suicide vest.
Trump actually looked uncomfortable a lot of the time. You could see him with this pinched, pained smile for much of the endorsement speech.
The “liberal” news media tells us that Palin’s opinion still counts for something. And that’s sad enough by itself. But America’s favorite “lipstick on a pig” soccer Mom still has some punch left, it appears. Although it seems to be more like wild flailing around instead of anything has any kind of discernible direction.
Steven Colbert could hardly contain himself on his show.
But don’t take our word for it. Watch Palin’s endorsement speech for yourself.